Thursday, October 23, 2008

Definition of Mother: A female parent.
Definition of MY mother?:
The woman who gave birth to me and thought she would bring me up to be so smart that I was in RGS and excelled in all my grades even when MOE expected Sec 3s to do badly, who was filial to her, who was so smart that she could have went on a debate competition with the late dear Sir Albert Einstein, who was a child prodigy who could have done university-standard mathematical sums at the mere age of 5, who could play the piano better than the late Sir Mozart, and all in all, she expected me to be smart, clever, intelligent, smart, smart, smart.

Yet she turned out to be a piece of junk who did so badly for her EOY and now seen as nothing more than a kid with no more future. Me.


Perhaps you should hve adopted. Then there wouldn't be a daughter like me to spite you all the time, wouldn't be such a useless and stupid girl who isn't smart enough to be your daughter, wouldn't be a daughter to add on to your burden, wouldn't be a daughter to have dragged you down due to your late husband who's my dad, wouldn't be a daughter who won't even make it to poly, wouldn't be a daughter who scored F9s instead of your expected A1s and A2s and marks over 80, wouldn't be a daughter whom you expected to wear the navy blue pinafore with a belt in the middle with classmates so smart you'd rather they were your daughters 'cause they would all grow up to become laywers, doctors, politicians, and yet I'm wearing this white blouse with a skirt of a lighter shade of blue, and doing so badly. Wouldn't be a daughter who tried communicating with you about my classmates everyday and when you shut me up saying my friends are of bad influence. Wouldn't be a daughter who refuse to make friends with the people you want me to, the super super smart ones. Wouldn't be a daughter who wasted your resources. Wouldn't be a daughter to have brought you so many bad memories. Wouldn't be a daughter whom you'd forever be ashamed of.

I was a gift Papa left for you.
Now, I'm nothing but a burden.
Such a big burden to you,
even I feel ashamed of myself.

Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home